Sunday, January 30, 2011

The First Trimester Recap




Here are a few questions I get asked about...






Cravings - Apples, pickles, tomatoes and if I crave something sweet (which is rare) I go for a Nerd Rope. So far most of what I crave is healthy, we'll see how long this lasts.






Exhaustion - I can say that was one of the first "pregnancy symptoms" I experienced. I have taken more naps in the last 3 months then I can count. Since I am no longer drinking caffeine the only source of an energy boost I have felt was when I went to the gym or went for a walk. The doctor told me it would be very good if I could get a workout in several times a week. I have managed to workout 3 to 5 times a week doing cardio and light weights. It has been my savior on the days I have needed an energy boost. It's not always easy to get there but it feels great when I leave. I am just now getting my energy back now that I am at the end of the first trimester.






Morning sickness - I haven't had any at all! After all of the horror stories I have heard I am very thankful for this.






Appetite - One of the things that really surprised me was how I could go from content to STARVING in a matter of seconds. When I was hungry, I was hungry! I learned to carry snacks with me at all times because I didn't know when the urge would strike.






I went from needing to eat just about every two hours, to not hungry at all. At some point in the second to third month I would eat a small meal and feel so stuffed I couldn't breathe. I knew I had to eat to feed the baby but if it were up to me I would have taken two bites and been done. I guess it was indigestion causing this but thankfully this isn't happening anymore.






Weight gain - At the end of my first trimester I am up 1 pound. The doctor said that was fine as long as I gain 30 pounds by the end of my pregnancy.






Other pregnancy symptoms - For the most part I haven't felt pregnant at all. I actually wouldn't have believed I was pregnant most days unless I had seen the ultrasounds for myself. The only things I can say which have made me "feel pregnant" (besides the few things listed above) is the fact that I can't walk up my stairs without my heart racing and getting out of breath. I thought something like that would happen as I got further along in my pregnancy but this started happening in the first week or so.






My dear friend acne has also appeared. I haven't had the best of skin when it was "that time of month" but WOW the past few weeks this acne has been quite a treat and nothing I do seems to help.






All in all I have had an amazing pregnancy experience and have felt great. I have loved every minute of being pregnant and I am enjoying all the little things that make me feel pregnant. I am lucky to have subtle pregnancy symptoms that remind me I am pregnant without stopping me in my tracks. I am thankful everyday for this miracle growing inside of me! We are blessed beyond belief for the opportunity to be parents!


















No comments:

Post a Comment